Start of a beautiful journey
If you think you are pregnant, call your doctor today to schedule an appointment.
Pregnancy can be the start of a beautiful journey, an unexpected surprise and even sometimes scary. As your baby grows and changes, so will you. WellFirst Health is with you on your journey to having a healthy pregnancy and baby.
Strong Beginnings is your connection to care and services needed to keep you and your baby healthy. Our program is for members who are pregnant or have recently delivered.
You can enroll in the program during your prenatal, delivery or postpartum period and continue through your child’s first two years of age.
Through Strong Beginnings, we will:
- help you make healthy changes, like cutting back or quitting tobacco
- connect you with community resources and services to meet your individual needs
- find information on health education classes
- choose a doctor for you and your baby
- support you with breastfeeding and pumping
- Screen for anxiety and depression or other mood disorders, and make referrals to appropriate services
You’ll also have access to:
- an obstetric (OB) nurse, who can provide case management services to help address your health-related questions or concerns
- a social worker who can assist with complex social needs and resources
- a pediatric nurse case manager who can provide support before, during and after delivery, in the event your child is diagnosed with a complex condition.
- a team of nurses and social workers who will support you with substance use and mental health needs through our behavioral health program.
pregnancy loss case management
Learn more about preparing
What, when and what you need for a newborn or for delivery. Who to tell and when. Let us help.
Pregnancy loss is devastating, no matter when it happens during the pregnancy or what the circumstances are. Along with physical symptoms, most women experience a wide range of emotions after pregnancy losses that include denial/disbelief, guilt, anger, depression, sadness and confusion.
It is important to take good care of yourself and ask others for support. Give yourself plenty of time to grieve. If you have had a pregnancy loss, talk with your doctor or nurse for information to help you cope.
Sign up for Strong Beginnings
* Required field